Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Twin Cities Bakery Tour - Sweet Retreat Cupcake Boutique

I've visited many of the bakeries that are popping up around the Twin Cities and thought it would be fun to share my experiences with you.  I will be featuring different bakeries on my blog as I visit them.   

The first bakery feature is the Sweet Retreat Cupcake BoutiqueThe Sweet Retreat is located on 50th & France in Edina at 5013 France Ave South. 


 
I went to the bakery mid-morning on a Saturday and it was very busy.  There were a couple of people in the bakery who seemed to be working with clients on cake designs/orders, and a lot of customers pondering over which delicious cupcakes to try out!  The cupcakes are packaged in brown boxes sealed with the cute stickers shown above.  If you look on the website, Sweet Retreat has different stickers for the packaging depending on the occasion. 

There were 14 different flavors of cupcakes offered.  They all looked amazing!  It was hard to decide which ones to try out.  I settled on a half dozen cupcakes.  This is the Cookies-N-Cream cupcake.  The best part was that there was a cookie cooked into the bottom of the cupcake. 

This is Kevin's Vanilla Princess cupcake.  Vanilla cake is my favorite and sometimes there is nothing better than a plain ol' vanilla cupcake.

 Coo Coo for Coconut is the name of this cupcake.  If you like coconut you will definitely like this cupcake. 

My husband loves peanut butter cups so I had to try the Peanut Butter Cup cupcake.  This cupcake was very rich and peanut buttery. 

Of the cupcake flavors that I tried, this Salted Caramel Dream was definitely my favorite.  The frosting was light and creamy and the hint of salt was a great combination with the caramel. 

This is the Monkey Business cupcake.  Banana cake with chocolate frosting.  Very tasty!

Sweet Retreat also sells cake balls.  My husband and I tried one of their Cookie Dough cake balls which was de-lish!  We ate it before we got home, so no picture.  They were so good that we bought one and a half dozen for a party that we had recently.  I would highly recommend trying them.  Sweet Retreat Cupcake Boutique had great cupcakes and we will definitely be going back.  Let me know if you ever stop in and try some of the other cupcake flavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment