Friday, May 20, 2011

Girl's Weekend Booze Cakes

This past weekend was the 9th annual girl's weekend with my family.  There are 10 of us and we always have so much fun every year.  We are lucky to have such a great family that loves to hang out with each other.  This year I decided to make a special treat for the girls, booze cakes.  I got this great book,  Booze Cakes, from my mother-in-law with a lot of fun recipes.  I made boozy, miniature Blue Hawaiian Pineapple Upside Down Cakes.


First I mixed up the batter (with Rum) per the recipe. 

Next, I took a third of the batter and colored in blue with food coloring and added more booze.  The blue layer of cake also had Triple Sec in it. 

The next step was to melt butter and brown sugar in a pan.  After the butter and brown sugar was melted I added rum to the mixture.  I then placed one pineapple ring into each cupcake tin and spooned the mixture evenly into each tin, covering the pineapple.

Then I scooped the plain batter into the cupcake pan and topped it with the blue batter that was mixed with Triple Sec. 

While the cupcakes were baking, I whipped up the boozy whipped cream.  This was simple and oh, so delicious!  You make the whipped cream by beating heavy whipping cream with sugar.  Then add a few Tbsp. of any liquor of your choice.  I used Triple Sec in the whipped cream to go with the cakes.

 Here's how the cakes looked when I pulled them out of the oven. 

Now, for the scary part.  Taking the cakes out of the cupcake pan.  I pressed a cookie sheet to the top of the cupcake pan and quickly flipped the pan over.  The miniature cakes slid right out.  I was impressed with how easily I was able to remove them from the pan.

Then each cake was topped with a spoonful of boozy whipped cream, toasted coconut, and a cherry.  The miniature booze cakes were a hit on girl's weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment