Wednesday, December 21, 2011

BUNCO

I recently made cake pops for a family friend's BUNCO get together.  I thought it would be fun to make dice cake pops to go with the BUNCO theme. This was somewhat of a challenge as I have never made cube cake pops before.

 Start by mixing your cake crumbs with 3/4 can of frosting.

Press the cake mixture into an 8x8" pan.  I wanted my dice to be approximately one inch in size, so I pressed the mixture into the pan so that it was one inch thick.

 To compact the cake mixture and get a smooth top, place a piece of parchment paper on top of the mixture and roll with a small rolling pin.

 Place the pan into the freezer for approximately 15 minutes.  Remove the pan and cut into cube shapes.  Or if you live in Minnesota, like I do, place the pan outside in the freezing cold winter.

 Place a stick into the center of each cube.  Dip the stick into melted chocolate first.  This will help keep the cake pop on the stick when dipping the entire cake pop into the melted chocolate.

 Dip each cake pop into the melted chocolate and let dry.

 Use sprinkles or frosting to decorate the dice.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment