Friday, April 29, 2011

Noah's Ark Dessert/Appetizer Table

For my son's baptism I decided to create a Noah's Ark themed dessert/appetizer table.  I was inspired by Amy Atlas of Amy Atlas Events.  She features AMAZING guest dessert tables on her blog http://blog.amyatlas.com/.  Check it out sometime if you have a chance.

First I started by deciding on the desserts and appetizers I wanted to serve.  I definitely wanted to have cake so I made this 6" layered cake.  I created the animals with royal icing and the ark was sculpted with Rice Krispie treats and covered with fondant.

The table also featured pizza mini-muffins.  These are a great finger food and super easy to make.  I added pepperoncinis to them for a little extra flavor.


One of my favorite featured desserts were the cookie dough cake balls.  I purchased these from the Sweet Retreat Cupcake Boutique in Edina, MN.  I could have probably eaten this whole tray!  My husband ate more than his fair share of them.  

I also made homemade chex mix and poured it in these cute miniature glasses.  I added green and orange ribbon around the stems to spice them up.

For drinks I purchased lime and tangerine Izze Sodas.  To keep with the Noah's Ark theme I wrapped them with this playful animal paper and added green and orange ribbons to identify the flavor. 

 I also offered candy sticks.  I placed them in a hurricane glass jar which I typically use to hold a candle.  I thought this was a unique way to display the candy sticks and the corks coordinated well with the wooden serving platters.

I wanted to include at least one thing that was healthy so I filled a trifle bowl with fresh veggies.

The table turned out to be a hit at the party!  If anyone is interested in a dessert or appetizer table for a party let me know.  It was so much fun to make and there are endless possibilities!

3 comments:

  1. Um, will you be my mom!? This looks AMAZING!!! You did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun party theme! Where did you find those cute little glasses for the chex mix?

    ReplyDelete
  3. French Dessert Catering San Diego can add both flavor and atmosphere to a celebration. Le Beignet combines French style beignets with live preparation, warm service, powdered sugar, glazes, and toppings that make the dessert experience feel distinctive. French Dessert Catering San Diego

    ReplyDelete